Responsive Websites with Strength of Native Apps
PWA is an impeccable combination of webs and apps. It applies modern web capability to deliver an amazing app-like experience to your mobile users. There are more and more websites integrating PWA to enhance the user experience, including Magento 2 e-commerce websites.
The Magento 2 PWA theme combines and unites the strength of responsive websites with the power of the native app to deliver an amazing app-like experience to users while benefiting the owners in many ways.
For customers, their experience and engagement will be enhanced noticeably with fast page load speed, icon on the home screen, full-screen mode, push notifications, offline capability, and more.
The fastest way to apply PWA to available Magento 2 website is by installing Magento 2 PWA extensions, but the available modules are still very basic and unstable with very limited functions.The main difference between Magento PWA theme and available Magento 2 PWA extensions is that the theme will make the most of PWA technology, not only providing a great app-like experience on mobile devices but also significantly enhancing your current website performance on desktops.
- Faster – Magento 2 PWA theme key features are instant loading and lighting interactions. The theme loads much faster, that there will no longer be the flash of the white screen when navigating between pages.
- Offline Mode – Customers can still browse the store under poor or non-existent network connectivity. PWA allows users to access cached content, i.e. once you visit the page, it will be cached which will provide seamless shopping.
- Cross-platform Availability – Magento2 PWA can be utilized regardless of the user’s platform so no need for developing two separate app. Therefore, a lot of time and cost for development will be saved.
- Low Storage Space – When a native app is installed to the user’s smartphone/ tablet, it will pull directly from the device’s resources. For PWAs, it will occupy a minor storage space which will avoid affecting the whole device performance.
- SEO Support – Magento 2 Progressive Web App will maintain the structure of your current website, that’s why it can be optimized, searchable by search engines and shared via URLs as well. Conversely, your native apps can only be shown up in the search results of the app stores.
- Low Cost – To develop native apps (for both iOS and Android users), you will have to make a double investment and effort in app development, testing, and maintenance. Meanwhile, converting your website to PWA using Magento 2 PWA theme costs you even less than building a single app!
- Easy Updates – Similar to accessing usual web pages, the customers can effortlessly get the latest updates of your PWA just by refreshing the page. Meanwhile, the native apps can only notify the users of the new version, and it’s up to them to perform manual update or not.